Wednesday, July 4, 2007

11. Imminent Departure

Happy Fourth of July, everyone!

It does not take long to get from "Will this vacation ever arrive?" to "how will I find time to finish packing before I have to leave?" The first leg of the trip begins in just a couple of days. Here is what the whole route looks like so far. Yesterday was my last day at the old job. Tomorrow my first full day at the new job.

And as the road trip comes into focus, I'm starting to think about what to do, where to stay, and which geocaches to try to snag. Nina is planning the final week of the trip -- from Chicago back to Tucson. My week in Silicon Valley and my week at Bay Lake are all set. That still leaves two weeks to figure out. I may not talk much here about my plans until they come to fruition.

I will be gone from Tucson for five weeks. I'll miss all my friends here; I wish I could take you all with me. The whole gang vacationed together in the spring, but I wasn't able to join. Hopefully it will happen again next year and I can be part of it.

No comments: